In this 60-minute class, you will focus on building a strong foundation for your yoga practice. Suitable for all levels, Hatha is challenging for the beginner to the advanced practitioner. This is made possible by your highly trained teachers, who are able to modify or advance any pose for you. If you are new to yoga, this is where you start! You will work to build strength and enable stretch while you burn calories and detoxify from the inside out! What is Hatha 26? It's a Bikram style Yoga where 26 poses are linked together to create a great sequence for calorie burn, strength build, stretch, and detox.
Synchronizing breath with movement, build heat in the body, experience moving meditation while burning calories! Working through Sun Salutations, strength-building standing asanas (poses), opportunities for inversions, and yin-style seated stretches, you will no doubt get a great workout. New to this? No worries, it is accessible and challenging. Your teacher knows how to help you modify as well as advance every pose.
An opportunity to really stretch in this hour-long class. With seated poses held for several minutes, there is an opportunity for deep stretching of the connective tissues using gravity rather than effort. Yin is relaxing and a nice complement to your weekly regimen. Every pose can be modified to suit your body. Props are provided. Often, we include Wall Yin too, which is using the wall for a prop. The wall is an amazing aide in allowing a deeper stretch with more opportunity to relax.
The ultimate destresser! The only place in the Valley you will find a truly restorative yin. Restore is relaxing and amazing. Using props to support the joints and blankets to keep you cozy, you will be guided through a very relaxing class. Yin & Restore is a combination of Yin stretches and Restore poses. A great experience in softening and letting go in addition to getting a deep stretch!
Moving slowly allows for a deepening of your practice in both subtle and profound ways. This practice is designed to give you time to attend to your poses and pay more attention to your alignment. Perfect for all levels.
WHAT IS YOGA TUNE UP®?
Yoga Tune Up® is a unique program created by Jill Miller. It is practiced all over the world at Yoga Studios, fitness facilities and retreat centers, taught by Jill and her certified YTU instructors. Using a distinctive set of exercises, poses and specialized techniques, Yoga Tune Up® playfully moves you into a body that looks great and lasts a lifetime.
- Increase strength & Coordination
- Control weight & Feel Better
- Boost the immune system
- Relieve pain & stress
- Improve balance, flexibility
STUDIO ETIQUETTE & FAQs
- DOORS OPEN 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLASS STARTING. (Except for 7:15 PM class--doors open at 7:00PM.) The Front Door will be locked if class is in session. Classes Begin Timely.
- Arrive Early: New students should arrive to class a minimum of 10 minutes early to complete registration. This ensures adequate time to get you signed-in, orientated, and set up on your mat. All Students should arrive early.
- No Smoking
- Personal hygiene is important for you and those around you.
- Check-in: Please sign in at the front desk before each and every class even if you have signed-in online.
- Final Sales: All Sales are Final. This applies to classes and products. No refunds, exchanges, or transfers. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact the owner. If you are unsure about your schedule, please choose a shorter-term package.
- Late Arrivals: Classes start on time. Late arrivals will not be permitted to enter. If you find yourself running late, please consider taking a later class.
- Required/Recommended Items: Mat. Mats are available for rent (in limited supply and rentals are "at your own risk." We supply cleaner for your use). Normally mats and towels are also available for purchase. Recommended - bring water and towel.
- Classroom Peace: Most clients enjoy coming early to class in order to take advantage of a little peace and quiet in the studio before practice. This opportunity for peace is something each and every one of us needs! Please be respectful of that when you are in the studio, and if you come with a friend and have lots to catch up on, take it to the lobby. 🙂
- Absolutely No Shoes in the studio. Always remember to remove your shoes before entering the studio.
- Disable electronics! Please turn off anything that makes noise and leave outside of the studio classroom.
- Avoid bumping into your neighbor and stepping on other people’s mats.
- Please wipe up any sweat around your space.
- Try to stay in the room for the entire class.
- Lost and Found Items left in the studios are donated to Goodwill every month. If you think you may have left something behind, please check w/the front desk.
5711 Summitview Avenue
Yakima, Washington 98908
© The Yoga Practice - All rights reserved.